Monday, October 18, 2010

Our Alaska Day

Today was the first day in a couple of weeks that Bob and I actually had some time together.  He has had Mondays and Tuesdays off.  This usually happens once a year and it's always a ruff time for us.  But today we got to spend it together.  After sleeping in a bit, we lounged around and then headed to the grocery store to have enough time before to get home before the baseball game.  We picked up a bunch of sunflowers, they always remind me of my MandaGirl.


We also bought a bunch of fruit, we always do, but lately I have been on an apple kick, not the same apples, a couple of as many types as I can find at Fred's. . .


The we cleaned house, did laundry, and packed lunches for the week.  We also brought in our Hosta, we figured that it has earned a place inside for the winter.  Last winer we put the pot and Hosta in the outside storage and when we opened it up this Spring the Hosta was a foot tall and stark white, it had not only survived the winter, but had grown!  So this winter we will see how it does inside.


I also learned today that my Gram reads our blog!  I have been thinking that I needed to do better at blogging.  I love you Gram, thanks for the chat tonight, I miss you all the time.

Now we are enjoying white cheddar popcorn and some spooky old-school Halloween movies.  What a good day . . .

2 comments:

Marlys said...

You do realize that the fruit bowl has a banana and a pear in it as well as apples.....don't you?

Bob and Molly said...

Also a couple yummy little kiwis