Saturday, April 18, 2009

Recap

So here's what's been going on:

Bob arrived home today after two weeks of being in Haines. He is glad to be back, Haines doesn't love Bob. His ferry was 11/2 late so we didn't really get to see each other, but he had been up for 24 hours and needed some rest.

We have had 5 days in a row of sun! It has been wonderful and honestly rare. It looks like today the rain is settling in. We will see. It did produce a beautiful rainbow on my way into work this morning.

This week we have had a rock slide down the mountain and land in our driveway again. It has been so warm that things are melting almost too fast.

We had a wee bit of an earthquake on Thursday night. I was wondering what the heck our neighbors were doing that was making our condo shake. The next morning I read the news that we had had an earthquake.

I have heard that my "never gone have a computer or the internet" brother is now sporting a laptop, although he still refuses to have an email account. Really brother? It's nice to have you here. You and the kids should start a blog. ARB (or mom) could show you how and the kids could keep it up.

The first cruise ship arrives on April 20th, yeah, Monday and downtown is starting to come alive. Those poor people coming off the first boat had better have packed some cold weather gear, average temp is 40! MJ

3 comments:

Once Upon a Farm said...

I was wondering if you were still alive up there or if the bears got ya! :)

Bob and Molly said...

Not yet, but they are starting to wake up!

Denise said...

I was searching for out Brother. From your blogs I see he is slacking. I will keep looking. Have marshmellows ready for the bears when they wake up. I think they like them and picnic baskets. Called to catch up. Will try again later. All my love.
~Sis~