Saturday, March 14, 2009

Sat Sch

Back at Saturday School. My week to do this are the quietest 4 hours that I have. I get caught up on work, reading and blogging. It's all good.
The end of the week had a little drama in it. Well, our version of drama. As a fundraiser for Student Government we are selling Shamrock Sugar Cookies after school on Monday and Tuesday. I decided to make them. All fine and dandy until I realize on Thursday night that I no longer have a Shamrock cookie cutter!!! I know, fine time to look, believe me, I have already given myself that speech. I tried calling JoAnns and the conversation went something like this:
Me: "Do you happen to have a shamrock cookie cutter?"
Store: "Oh, is that for scrapbooking?"
Me: "No, it's for baking cookies. I said that I would make shamrock cookies and realized that I don't have a cutter."
Store: "Is shamrock the name brand?"
Me: "No, it's a shape, shamrock for St. Patricks' day."
Store: "No, I don't think so." Click.
I am so not kidding you, that's how the conversation went and Bob was trying very hard not to crack up, but he did anyway. This place sometimes tries my last nerve!!! So as I was cranky, Bob said that he would make me one. I had my doubts and have since admitted that to him. He said I wasn't the only one, John at work had his doubts also. But, last night Bob brought me home a Shamrock cookie cutter. Of course now I am required to also make them for his work. No, words no out around here that I am not very handy in the kitchen. But let's be honest, I have back-up in the form of one hunky husband! I will post a picture tomorrow of this awesome hunky husband, I mean shamrock cookie cutter tomorrow.
Today will be a busy day for me. This is how it has gone/will go:
7 am Get up
8 am Leave the house
8:15 to 8:45 am Fast shop at Fred's for minimum items (like stuff for my cookies)
8:50 am arrive at school for Sat Sch
9 am to 1 pm Sat Sch
1:30 to 5 pm Red Dog (stock and train new person)
5:30/6 ish Meet Deb & Chris at the Pub
6:30 to 10 pm Usher ans watch play at Perseverance (will give review tomorrow)
I can't explain why I do this, I just now that if I stop, I crash. I like to keep busy, even if it makes me a tad bit cranky at night. I am gonna work on that. Oh, what's Bob up to today? Hopefully washing my cookie cutter, then there's watching basketball, baseball, eating, reading, and usually he cleans our place. Tomorrow we will be off to the races with our cookie factory! MJ

1 comment:

Marlys said...

This is good stuff and even better when you can read it over and over! I can hardly wait to see the pictures.....(grins)