Thursday, April 1, 2010

While I'm waiting . . .

It is that time of year where I am working on the Eighth Grade Dance and I have Parent Meetings/Decoration Making Nights.  This is one of them and now I am waiting for Bob to get off work and come and get me.  These are the times when I do wish we had a second car, but they don't last long and I am always glad that we made the decision to scale down.  So I figured what the heck, I should blog.  I actually have all sorts of things that I have been wanting to blog about:  new rainboots (that are now 1.5 months old, the projects we have been working on, my travel plans for April, getting a cell phone and so on, but never seem to make the time.  Well, maybe now that I will be waiting for Bob from time to time, I should start back at it.
Last week was Spring Break and I spent the weekend working at the Dog to start getting ready for the tourist season.  It is a nice change to work there on breaks.  I enjoy the energy of downtown and seeing how happy and excited, for the most part, that people are to be in Alaska.  I feel really good about what we got accomplished last week.  Now we just start filling in the pieces.  This year is pretty cool for me, because I got to pick some of the styles that we are going to carry.  Here's hoping that they do well . . .
I did take the weekend off to relax and enjoy some quiet moments with Bob.  That was the last weekend we will have together for a while.  He switches this week to having Friday and Saturday off, so these next two months are always a bit difficult for us to find time together.  I usually work on Saturdays for at least half the day.  But summer vacation will be here soon and when he is not at Red Dog, we will again have the same days off.
Well, I guess I kind of fibbed about us not having days off together for a couple months . . . we are heading to Seattle this month to see the Tigers!  WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!  We are so excited, if you couldn't tell.  We redeemed some airlines miles and splurged on the ball tickets - it should be a super fun time.  It's been, yicks, four years since we've been to a ballgame.  Plus we are staying right in the heart of downtown Seattle, I can't wait to explore.

2 comments:

Once Upon a Farm said...

You should have told me - i would have totally met you guys there! :)

Bob and Molly said...

You still have time and a little birdie told me that you have an extra 100 hours of vacation to use up!